Friday, November 5, 2010

Song De La Semain

It's a bit late for the ol' "song of the week," but it can be a fun weekend listen-to instead. So without further ado I present.... Hitchin a Ride by Green Day! Green Day is easily my favorite band (besides the ever wonderful Beatles), so you will no doubt be seeing a lot of them. This song is one of my favorites from their older albums and is, for lack of better words, extremely catchy. It gives me that feeling of "I just wanna jump around a rock out," so I hope is does the same for you.

Here's the link to the video kiddos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sc81yxo600&ob=av2n

Going Green: Concert Review
It's hard to express my excitement through little black words on a computer, but Green Day has put on thee best shows I have ever seen in my life. Even my mother, who has been to many incredible rock concerts in her day, puts the band at the top of her list. I've only had the pleasure to see them live twice (this summer and last summer on their 21st Century Breakdown tour), but what I saw was absolutely mind blowing. This all sounds so cheesey, but if you have been to a Green Day show you will understand. Billie Joe Armstrong has the most energy and stage presence a rock star could possibly possess. You can tell the band lives for the fans and loves audience participation. Not mention, they sound flawless live. I don't care what kind of music you like or what you expect from a concert: Green Day will devour your expections.

2 comments:

  1. Aarrrrrggghhhh I missed Green Day on the UK leg of their tour. I have literally followed them from their Dookie days and I really want to see them. Sooo jealous!!!

    PS: Would be great if you can review our band CD on your wee blog. You can put your geekery to some creative use here :-)

    Atul from DonkeyBox
    (just reply to me on twitter @donkeybox or @atulrana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, I'm your first follower. Found you Jodi! :D

    Ah man I wanna go to another Green Day concert!!

    ReplyDelete