Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This is Halloween

San Diego's dark, rainy, Schizophrenic, weather had inspired me to write about none other than Halloween. I have a deep love for wild costumes and horror films, so naturally it would be one of my favorite holidays. Unfortunately, it always saddens me to watch the diginity of almost every girl at my school flicker away in just one night. "Oh my god, remember when we dressed up as Dallas cowgirls and got wasted at so-and-so's house?" The thought that this is probably the favorite Halloween memory of half the teenage girl population, sickens me. I mean, these "sexy" costumes are getting a little ridiculous. Next thing you know a "sexy warthog" will be on Party City's hot costume list. I respect everyone's right to do what they want, but I hope to bring the fun, creative, spirit back to Halloween this year.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good, creative costume that came out of someone's imagination and not the nearest retail store, and it's possible to be "sexy" without being slutty, although I learned that the hard way. I still cringe at the thought of my "sexy" clown outfit many years ago.

    ReplyDelete