Before I say anything about the movie itself, just a fair warning: DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE IN 3D. It's absurd how many things are filmed in 3D that don't even display the effects. Green Hornet being one of them. I find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to pay 6 extra dollars to the already sky rocketing movie prices so I can watch a cartoon hornet fly out of the screen during the credits. Unfortunately, the quality of the film doesn't make up for this either. I mean you can't go in to a Seth Rogen movie expecting anything spectacular, but it was a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, Rogen was his usual ridiculously witty self and Jay Chou was also a bit of a character, but nothing special. James Franco's suprise appearance in the beginning was as equally entertaining. Movie as a whole: good comic fun, but not worth $15.50
** Rent it
Although the movie did not meet expectations,
Rogen at the San Diego Comic Con Green Hornet
panel was absolutely adorable
By the way, I am a MAJOR Comic Con geek so when July comes around I will be doing massive blogging on the epic convention. I am volunteering this year, so great stories should be in store. (For those not in tune with your inner nerd, Comic Con is an annual convention held in San Diego in which movies, music, art, video games, toys, and of course, comic books come together into one amazing place).

No comments:
Post a Comment