Oh God. I can't believe I didn't blog about this immediately after I saw it. As most people around me know, I was, and still am, on a major Jeff Bridges kick. After seeing
Tron...three times....I saw
True Grit and then watched him do a marvelous job hosting Saturday Night Live (in which I am a faithful follower of). Seeing Jeffy in all these different aspects only added to my deep, unconditional love for him. The performance that truly amazed me in
True Grit, however, was 13 year old Hailee Steinfeld. She was so perfectly edgy and rough, and delivered some insane dialogue, which from an actor's perspective, must have been extremely hard for such a young girl to memorize. Oscar worthy? Maybe not qutie, but she really is a riot and a pleasure to watch. Despite the ending I wasn't too jazzed about, the entire film is so humorous and fun and I think the Coen Brothers did a wonderful job resurrecting this Western.
**** Stop what you're doing and see it now!
My beloved Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn
No comments:
Post a Comment